Capstone hosts policy days, conference calls, lunches, and a variety of other events every month where clients have the opportunity to spend time with a carefully curated policymakers, industry experts, and other vital thought leaders. Each event expands on a policy- or market-related topics Capstone follows and provides clients with insights on the trajectory of complex regulation and policy-driven investment themes.
Meetings often take place in Washington, DC, London, Beijing, or destinations where state/country-level officials and stakeholders dealing with complex policy issues are located, such as San Juan, Puerto Rico; Brussels, Belgium; Columbia, South Carolina, or Chicago, Illinois. Meetings are led by Capstone analysts with ample opportunity for clients to ask tailored questions. Policy days are often in high demand, and we generally cap attendance to allow our clients to learn in a small group environment and have a conversation with policymakers and officials rather than hear prepared remarks. This also allows the policymaker to ask questions and receive feedback as appropriate from our clients.
Capstone also organizes conference calls for clients with global industry leaders, policymakers, and stakeholders on topics similar to those of policy days. During the call, clients are able to ask questions and engage with both our analysts and the speaker. Capstone often arranges these calls as a series, so clients have the opportunity to speak with multiple experts on separate occasions to get a wide range of perspectives.
Recent policy day topics include the following:
– COVID-19 Legislative, Economic, and Industry-Level Responses
– US Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE) and Housing Reform (Washington, DC)
– Policy Responses to the 2017 California Wildfires (Sacramento and San Francisco, CA)
– Solutions to the Fiscal Crisis in Puerto Rico (San Juan, PR, and Washington, DC)
– Facebook and EU Future of Technology, Data Protection & Digital Tax Policy Day (Brussels, Belgium)
– European Financial Services Outlook (Frankfurt, Germany)
– Outlook for US Tariffs against China, and Renegotiation of NAFTA (Washington, DC)
Recent Conference Call Topics include:
– COVID-19 Legislation and Economic Ramifications
– California State Wildfires Legislation
– Tech Regulation and GDPR
– Opioid Litigation Outlook
– GSE Reform
– Texas Power Market (ERCOT)
– US Trade Policy
– Internet Advertising